Furnace maintenance includes a thorough inspection and tune-up of your system. Given that most individuals only call for HVAC repair when anything goes wrong, you may be wondering, “Do I really need furnace maintenance service?”
Yes, furnace maintenance is required if you want to save money, so regular maintenance is an all benefit advantage. To explain why this is the case, here are some helpful answers to commonly asked concerns about furnace maintenance service in Poplarville MS, or you can also consult our experts from heating repair in Poplarville, MS.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Include?
Furnace tune-ups involve evaluating all essential components of the system and, if required, adjusting, cleaning, testing, and/or lubricating them. The following tasks are included in our furnace maintenance checklist:
- Identifying and eliminating any blockages in the vent system and air intake grilles
- Examining the heat exchanger for signs of degradation or corrosion
- Cleaning the blower and reading it, as well as eliminating any debris
- Checking and testing the amp draw of the blower motor
- Inspecting and, if necessary, tightening electrical connections, as well as fixing broken wiring
- The flame sensor and the burner are being examined
- Checking the belts for any signs of rust or fractures
- As needed, inspecting and calibrating the thermostat
- Keeping the functioning components of the heating system lubricated
- The air filter should be checked, cleaned, and replaced as needed
- The safety controls and beginning cycle of the system are being examined and tested
If you have an oil or gas furnace, additional steps are included in the furnace maintenance service:
- Leaks in the fuel lines are being investigated
- The burner, the gas pressure, and the pilot light are all examined and tested
- Inspection of thermocouples
- There’s much more
How Many Times Should My Furnace Be Serviced?
A minimum of once a year furnace maintenance is necessary to keep your system running correctly. If you’re concerned about maintaining optimal indoor air quality—or if someone in your family has respiratory issues or a weaker immune system—usually it’s best to have furnace tune-ups more often, like two to four times each year.
Prior to the beginning of the cold season: Before the temperatures drop and you’ll be using your furnace on a regular basis, it’s advisable to schedule furnace maintenance. In the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, the best time for a furnace tune-up is between the end of summer and the beginning of fall. By getting a furnace tune-up before winter starts, you can guarantee that your furnace is ready to satisfy your comfort needs for the whole cold season.
What Are The Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance?
Regular Furnace Tune-Ups Provide Many Advantages, Including:
- Furnace maintenance ensures that your heating system runs as efficiently as possible, allowing you to save money. This might save you money on your energy bill each month. This money saved might ultimately cover the cost of regular furnace tune-ups!
- Keeping the guarantee in good working order: Many furnace warranties include requirements for periodic maintenance. If yours does, frequent tune-ups are required to maintain your contract validly and ensure that you have the coverage you need if anything goes wrong during the warranty period.
- Keeping the danger of unexpected breakdowns to a minimum: Minor flaws may be identified and corrected before they become serious problems with frequent furnace maintenance. This translates to fewer system failures, heating maintenance, and the possibility of being without heat for the whole of the winter season.
Getting the most out of the life of your furnace: A well-maintained furnace may last for more than a decade, enabling you to get the most value for your money. You can search for heating installation in Poplarville, MS, on the internet. You can even visit our official website or call us at 601-749-7184.